Hello dear accordionist friends!
I am currently studying "Fantaisie Musette" a waltz by Jo Privat & André Verchuren. At bars 7 - 15 -26 is indicated an A7# dim. from C# on which chord should I go? I have a 120 bass accordion not equipped with the dim row. Thanks in advance for your help. ♪♫♪
27/03/2022
6 Replies
Dragonfly1954
28/03/2022
Hello, if I understand correctly, an A# is a Bb. For the 'dim' tuning, a 120 bass accordion would have 6 columns of buttons and the column furthest from the bellows should be the one of the diminished chords? This last one is '7thdim' without the fifth???
BIETRY
29/03/2022
hello, on accordions that have 3 rows of chords the last row on the outside of the body is in fact a diminished fifth. This allows you to play diminished chords. I won't go into the details of the harmony. So to make a diminished chord you just have to play the 7th chord which are one row down. Example to make a diminished C play the F7. For your request of the diminished A sharp (which is equal to Bb) play a button lower or Eb 7th. Or if it is too far for your score any note of the same vertical rank as the Eb, i.e. C7, Eb7, F sharp7 or A7. My explanation is of course only valid on accordions with 3 rows of chords. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Jean-Yves Sixt from Switzerland
pinpin
17/04/2022
You can also add a Lab7 to the F7 It sounds even more "diminished".
Enki54
19/04/2022
thank you I will try and see ♪♫♪ regards
jphf51
06/06/2022
A#7dim = Bb7dim or the notes (harmonically) C#-e-G-sib = buttons together of A7 + C7 or A7 + F#7 depending on the sequences you have to do
Enki54
08/06/2022
Thank you so much, have a great day ♪♫♪ ♥
Free 5-day trial!
No banking information required
APR
CNIMA, Saint Sauves d'Auvergne, FRANCE
APR
CNIMA, Saint Sauves d'Auvergne, France
MAY
CNIMA, Saint Sauves d'Auvergne, France