He was born on May 5, 1930 in Trieux, in Meurthe et Moselle. He was introduced to music by his father, a coal miner, and learned music theory and the accordion. After his military service, he left for Helsinki with his first group, where he was hired for the Summer Olympics. In 1953 he signed an exclusive contract with Barclay, which immediately led to the first single of his career. From Annie Cordy or Jean Gabin" Tour de France " In 1960 he goes on the label producer of lyric shows.
20/11/2016
1 Reply
MARCEAU
20/11/2016
Thank you Cindou for this obituary concerning this accordionist of great talent; whose reputation passed beyond our borders. I saw the film "Archimède le clochard", which was very popular with René Chateau. He plays an extract of "Ma miette" a musette waltz; I believe? he also deposited, his pieces to the Editions Monde Mélodie (alas disappeared), and co-wrote with many accordionists. I was born on November 8 and he was born on November 11; it is sad because he carries, like all the others a pure musette; which alas is lost. However, only the nostalgic will keep his memories in their repertoire. I was not aware of his death; I thought he was no longer of this world. I thank you Cindou; as P.A; for this homage paid; quite legitimate. Marceau
Free 5-day trial!
No banking information required
APR
Aveyron, Résidence Musicale Haut2Gammes 12140 Saint Hippolyte
APR
CNIMA, Saint Sauves d'Auvergne, FRANCE